[NBLUG/talk] UEFI and CentOS installer boot parameters

Omar Eljumaily omar at omnicode.com
Wed Sep 23 09:57:25 PDT 2015

Which version of Centos are you using?  UEFI seems to be well supported
in 7, but marginally in other versions.

https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/UEFI

Booting seems to be getting harder and harder these days.  I got a very
popular MB from Amazon and had big problems with a fresh install of the
latest Ubuntu LTS.

Also switching from one motherboard to another used to be very
straightforward, and now it's very tricky.  I always thought it was a
benefit of Linux.  When Windows got temperamental about switching Mobos,
Linux wouldn't.  But now that seems to have changed, at least for the
technology, but not DRM.

Omar