[NBLUG/talk] Meeting ideas

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:39:15 PDT 2016

Hello,

Maybe the CPLUG board already has a backlog of planned meeting topics, in
which case feel free to disregard the noise from the peanut gallery over
here. But, on the off chance that the board is looking for ideas, I thought
I'd volunteer a couple things I'd like to see at future meetings.

Introduction to Linux for Web Developers:

I have a family member who does web development off and on, who I am trying
to bring over to the Dark Side. I could probably talk her into coming to a
presentation that takes the audience from zero command line experience to
being able to install and administer Wordpress/Drupal/Joomla on a shared
hosting account. A presentation along those lines could be a great way to
bring some new blood into the group if it was publicized in advance.

NBLUG swap meet:

This is pretty self-explanatory: I'm broke, and I have some obscure Linux
hardware that I would cheerfully part with for cash. :-) OTOH, I'm also
interested in acquiring some old Android phones for compatibility testing,
particularly ones running Gingerbread (Android 2.3).

Thanks for reading.

William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com
(408) 685-4819

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT HAVE YOUR CAR EXPOSE A REST API."
 -- Andy Manoske discussing computer security, as applied to automobile
electronics