[NBLUG/talk] June 14th general meeting - Hackfest and lightning talks, donations for projector

E Frank Ball III frankb at frankb.us
Tue Jun 14 13:35:54 PDT 2016

Meeting reminder (tonight):

Topic: Hackfest and lightning talks
When: Tues June 14th, 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Speaker: All of us
Location:  O'Reilly Media, Sebastopol CA in the Tarsier conference room
past the metal statue and to the right - http://nblug.org/locations

projects, problems and persons for round-table discussion.  We also
welcome lightning talks if you???d like to present, but don???t have
enough material for a full talk.  A projector will be available (VGA).

During this meeting we will be accepting donations for a replacement
projector, our first major purchase as a user group in nearly a decade.
We are not a 501(c)(3) non-profit and cannot provide receipts for tax
purposes but don't let that stop you - we'll have a Square reader on
hand to make things easier and can also accept cash or checks.  Thanks
for the support!

this is the projecter we are looking at:
http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-X312-Projector-Digital-Connectivity/dp/B00T98WI40

At ~$370 after taxes, this HDMI capable projector would give us a much
brighter screen at 3,200 lumens and a native XGA resolution of 1024x768
(current projector is 800x600) which will resolve the immediate
painpoints we have with our current projector.  The WXGA 1280x800 model
is about $100 more.

The NBLUG cashbox held by our treasurer, Matt Da Silva, contains exactly
$145.73.  If we completely empty the cashbox we would need to receive
$225 in donations to purchase the above projector.  If we receive in
excess of $500 in donations we will be in a solid position to consider a
better projector but if we fall somewhere between the two numbers we'll
likely motion to retain the remainder in the cashbox, perhaps for the
next time we have a major anniversary and want to buy a cake or
something.  :)

   E. Frank Ball       Frank at NBLUG.org