[NBLUG/talk] Why have directories in /var/run if they're not persistent through reboot?

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Thu Aug 3 19:23:28 PDT 2017

On 08/02/2017 09:58 PM, Tom Most wrote:
>>> all hail systemd
>> RMS called, he wants his religion back.
*snip*
> I am not sure how merely mentioning systemd --- once in the context of
> "lots of distributions in 2017 ship it" and the other slightly snarky
> --- qualifies me as a Priest in the Church of Holy systemd. I really
> don't want any part of that poisonous "debate".

I'm afraid I was also being a bit sarcastic in return, sorry I didn't
include a ;} or something, heh. I didn't intend to start 'one of those
systemd debates'..maybe I was just venting a bit. Either way, in the
end, an init system is a small, replaceable part of an OS. =p

Cheers,
Jordan

--
Jordan Erickson (PGP: 0x78DD41CB)
Logical Networking Solutions, 707-636-5678