[NBLUG/talk] [NBLUG/Announce] Tonight's meeting: Linux Malware is a Unicorn, right?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jun 14 20:31:04 PDT 2018

Quoting Allan Cecil (ac at sonic.net):

> > Topic: Linux Malware is a Unicorn, right?
> > When: Tue June 12, 2018 07:30 PM to 09:00 PM
> > Speaker: Robert P. Thille
> > Location: O'Reilly Media, 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol

Thanks, Allan (and Robert).  I appreciated the talk, and appreciated the
(relatively rare) opportunity to visit NBLUG, again.

In case my own Linux virus essay (aka rant ;->  ), that I've attempted
to keep as a comprehensive resource on the subject since 1995 -- at least,
comprehensive in reflecting my knowledge and views on the topic -- it's
at  http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/

There are five separate but related items on that page mostly because of
my perceived need, of the years, to argue with edge-case obsessives and
people claiming for various reasons that I'm misguided / wrong / etc.,
which is of course an excellent possibility at the best of times but
FWIW has in the past involved readers selectively ignoring important
bits of the text.

--
Cheers,                                     The Viking's Reminder:
Rick Moen                                   Pillage first, _then_ burn.
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ!  (4x80)