[NBLUG] General Meeting Announcement

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Mon Sep 13 15:52:13 PDT 1999

Greetings all!

I just wanted to make a small announcement about our General Meeting this
coming Tuesday.

We don't really have anything planned, mainly because we've all been working
so hard on putting together the InstallFest/LDD event yesterday (Sunday).

If you didn't get to stop by this weekend, it was a very cool event.  It was
so successful, it was close to being a failure - we had more people show up
looking for help than we actually had helpers.  A first in NBLUG history!
Hopefully, also the last.  :)

Devin talked to a lot of people about Linux and how to use it etc.  For a
while, I thought his neck was going to explode from over-use he was talking
so much.  Eric tried to keep from being pulled apart by people wanting help
installing, and I tried to keep everything from spinning too far out of
control.  Last time I checked, all Kat could say was "Welcome!  If you could
fill out a survey, we'd appreciate it...here's a name badge.." She did an
outstanding job greeting people and helping me with getting out goodies for
the prize drawings.

Then there were all the people who actually helped the masses with installs
- Bill, Eli, Brad, Troy, Eric-sub-2 (Eric Pulley), Greg and I'm sure several
others who I can't remember right now.

Well, more about the meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) night.  It's at our usual
spot - ORA in Sebastopol, and is from 7:30 until 9.  It's going to be lead
by Eric, although I should be showing up around 8:30 or so.  Again, more
information about how to find O'Reilly can be found on our web site at
http://www.nblug.org/.

Hope to see all you there!!

-Dustin

--