[NBLUG] General Meeting Announcement

Paul Larkin larkin at jps.net
Mon Jun 4 13:28:28 PDT 2001

This newbie stuff is a great idea!  While I've been able to "install" a working
version of Caldera Linux using a pre-made CD, doing so doesn't really tell me
how to do it on my own (the diff betw. buying a car & knowing how to rebuild an
engine).  And while I've taken a class in basic commandline Linux, some things
got left out, like installing a standalone version, and duh, compiling a kernel.

 And I feel stupid asking such fundamental questions here, when 95% of NBLUG
are clearly v. advanced & the topics are about as far over my head as Mt.
Rainier.
  Again, if there's anything I can do to help, please inform.  I plan to be at
the meeting.

P.S. Linus Torvalds being interviewed today (right now on KQED 88.3, repeated 7
pm) on Fresh Air.  Also on at 4p today KRCB 90.9/91.1