[NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting Announcement: Linux -> Sony PS2!

dugan at passwall.com dugan at passwall.com
Fri Apr 25 11:15:01 PDT 2003

WHAT:    NBLUG General Meeting
TOPIC:   Linux -> Sony PS2!
SPEAKER: Adam Bertsch from SCEA
WHERE:   O'Reilly and Associates, Sebastopol
         http://nblug.org/directions.cgi
         http://ora.com/oreilly/seb_directions.html
WHEN:    Tuesday, May 13 @ 7:30PM

This is our normal monthly meeting at the normal scheduled time and place.
NBLUG meetings are open to all and are free of charge.

Hello NBLUG members!

We have an exciting presentation for you:
 Linux on the Sony Playstation 2!

For some background information and to get info on,
 go to http://playstation2-linux.com/

More info about this presentation from the speaker:
So what is this Linux for PlayStation(r) 2 kit, anyway?  What do I get, what
can I do with it, and how do I use it?  What sort of cool stuff are other
people doing with the kit?  Where do I get more information and who can
I talk to?  We'll learn the answers to these questions and then allow
the talk to go wherever the group wants to take it.  Live demos will be
available and there will be an opportunity for hands-on experience
depending on interest after the talk.

This presentation will be provided to us by Adam Bertsch of SCEA. Here is
a brief Bio:
Adam Bertsch is a Sr. Systems Administrator at Sony Computer
Entertainment, America.  Adam is responsible for the Linux kit website
in the United States and Canada as well as evangelism for the Linux kit.
Adam also pushes Linux within the corporate culture at SCEA and works
with the Research and Development group in a more traditional sysadmin
capacity.  Adam came to SCEA from VA Linux Systems in 2001 where he was
a member of the Professional Services team working with security,
high capacity/availability servers, and Source Forge(tm).

OTHER UPCOMING NBLUG EVENTS:
Jun 10, 2003: Introduction to custom Linux Kernels (ME)
Jul 8,  2003: Panel/Board review: methods to deal with spam (ME et al.)