[NBLUG/Announce] VOTING/NOMINATION: Elections

ME dugan at passwall.com
Wed Aug 13 09:13:00 PDT 2003

Hello,

Elections for elected officers will take place in one of two forms:
1) If we get a web-based voting system operational, then all mailing list
members will be able to vote online by next meeting.

2) If we cannot get a web-based voting system operational, then our next
general meeting will utilize a pencil and paper election in person. If we
do not have a we=based voting system, then only people who show up in
person to the September General Meeting in Sebastopol will be able to
vote.

----
After being acting president without the promised voting and election, my
6 month "presidency" (technically, "dictatorship" ;-) has ended. Also,
other elected officers' terms have ended.

As a result of not being able to get everything together as promised and
host an election, those people who were nominated for what was to be the
last election need not require nomination or accept prior nominations.
(They should not need to suffer for my lack of meeting my goals.)

----
Nominations:

If you previously accepted a nomination and wish to decline it over this
election, please do so.

Nominations are now open with the following nominations and accepted
nominations included:

President:
 Mike Egan (Was acting president. Declines any nominations for any offices)
  (No other nominations were offered for president last time, making this a
   position with no nominations inherited from the previous term.)

Vice President:
 Augie Schwer
 Eric Eisenhart (Declined)

Scribe:
 Kat
 Steve Zimmerman

Treasurer:
 Dustin Mollo

Director At Large (2 positions available):
 Jake Applebaum
 Frank Ball
 Eric Eisenhart

Removal from office:
My 6 months are over. All of the previous "acting" positions have expired.
While we have not had an election, we discussed temporary leadership roles
until after the end of the next meeting.

We still need leadership to ensure the voting works and set meetings. As a
result, the board voted on people at the the board meeting to play the
roles for one month -- until after the election and the September General
Meeting.

Present acting roles until after the end of the next meeting when members
can vote and votes are tallied:
Acting President        : Eric Eisenhart
Acting Vice President   : Augie Schwer
Acting Treasurer        : Dustin Mollo
Acting Scribe           : Kat
Acting Director At Large: Bill Marlin
Acting Director At Large: Frank Ball

----
What to do:

Make a nomination. Nominations need not be seconded, but must be accepted
by the person being nominated. (Yes, just like last time, you can nominate
yourself.)

How do you nominate someone?
subject and send your reply to the "talk" list.
(Nominations must be public and available for all to see.)

Again, I will not acknowledge any nominations on the list. To confirm or
check nominations status, we will use a web page. (See below.)

----
Who has been nominated? Who has accepted? What is the status for each?

I will be altering the content of the web page for members:
http://www.nblug.org/members.shtml

It will contain a list at the end of all people who have been nominated,
accepted, declined, or not responded to their nominations for elected
positions.

Any questions? Please consult the constitution and bylaws and then ask on
the list:
http://www.nblug.org/documents.shtml

Thanks to all who permitted me to lead this very good group of Linux users.
:-)

-ME