[NBLUG/Announce] General meeting September 9th: The Raspberry Pi used to Implement a Radar Speed Sign

Allan Cecil allan at nblug.org
Tue Sep 2 16:15:19 PDT 2014

When: September 9th, 2014 7:30 pm
Speaker: Steve Goody
Location: O'Reilly Media at 1005 Gravenstein Hwy N, Sebastopol, CA in
the Tarsier conference room past the metal statue and to the right
(http://nblug.org/locations)

I will give a brief talk about how we used a modified Pocket Radar unit, a
Raspberry Pi board, and an HDTV to implement a radar speed sign. The talk
will include a brief overview of how the Pocket Radar works and what
modifications were done to interface it to the Raspberry Pi.  In addition,
I'll explain a little about the webpage development and how it is run on the
Raspberry Pi.  Also, I'll cover what software was used on the Raspberry Pi,
along with what configuration file changes where done.  I will bring a demo
system so that people can see the sign in operation.