[NBLUG/Announce] Tonight's meeting canceled, use this time to help others instead

Allan Cecil allan at nblug.org
Tue Oct 10 08:38:04 PDT 2017

Due to the ongoing fires the regularly scheduled general meeting will not be held tonight.  There will not be anyone present to unlock doors.  Some NBLUG members are still unaccounted for at this time.  Please consider using the time you would have spent at the meeting to volunteer, as many evacuation shelters are in need of supplies.

I'd like to (ab)use this announcement to highlight the help of one of our sponsors - Sonic.net generously uncapped full bidirectional gigabit fiber service to New Life Christian Fellowship which is one of the many evacuation centers currently open in Petaluma.  I witnessed many evacuees there using various devices to either gather news or contact friends and family and I'm thankful for the help from Sonic.

Stay safe and see you next month,

A.C.
******
President, North Bay Linux Users' Group