[NBLUG/Announce] General meeting tonight: GPG Key Signing Party

Allan Cecil allan at nblug.org
Tue Feb 13 14:51:52 PST 2018

Hi all,

I'm hoping for a good turnout at this meeting as this is a fantastic opportunity to get PGP keys signed and exchanged with a very useful crowd of people.  And by saying that, I mean I'm hopeful that some of the lurkers who are well connected can make it to the meeting (you! yes, you!).

This PGP keysigning party is very timely as Yahoo just announced PGP support:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/08/yahoo-to-begin-offering-pgp-encryption-support-in-yahoo-mail-service/

...wait a minute, that's from 2014. Looks like I just got caught re-using an E-Mail from a couple of years ago.  Oh well. :)

So, before the meeting, run gpg --gen-key and gpg --send-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com <Key ID> as necessary then E-Mail the output of gpg --fingerprint <ID or eMail address> to frank at nblug.org to allow him to get a list ready (but if you don't get to this, come to the meeting anyway).

See you there!

A.C.
******
President, North Bay Linux Users' Group