New topic: Install Fest and Y2K

mitch utsey mutsey at redsword.com
Wed Dec 29 21:55:00 PST 1999

Hey, this reminds me. A friend has given me a DEC Alpha system (jensen)
and I wnat to load Redhat on to it. Anyone have any experience with
this? I understand it can be an adventure to get it to run on an early
Jensen chip...

I am a newby to Linux, having first played with it in Eric Skagerberg's
class this last Semester....

--

-Mitch Utsey

"It astonishes me to find... [that so many] of our
 countrymen... should be contented to live under a
 system which leaves to their governors the power
 of taking from them the trial by jury in civil cases,
 freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom
 of commerce, the habeas corpus laws, and of yoking
 them with a standing army. This is a degeneracy in
 the principles of liberty... which I [would not have
     expected for at least] four centuries."
 --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1788. (*) FE 5:3