Hardware reccomendations

Christopher White chris at adei.com
Tue Nov 2 16:00:44 PST 1999

If you want an inexpensive NIC that works with Linux, try the Netgear
FA310TX 10/100 base-T.  It even says it works under Linux on the box!  You
can get one for less than $20.00 at most e-stores, or even CompUSA.
Lifetime warranty, to boot!  It uses the DEC Tulip chipset.  Red Hat will
recognize it on installation.  I've used the Netgear card, and it's as
plug-and-play as you can get.

Also, any card (like some SMCs) that are NE2000 compliant/compatible should
work, too.

My 56K Sportser worked under PPP without a hitch -- or any special
configuration.

> On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 01:36:47PM -0800, Joseph McCarty wrote:
> I'd really appreciate some feedback on internal 56K modems
> and NICs that
> folks have found to work well under both Linux and Win 95/98.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe McCarty

Christopher T. White
Vice President, Information Systems