[OT] Computer dealers, possibly Linux-friendly

Mitchell Patenaude mrp at sonic.net
Mon Apr 24 13:43:38 PDT 2000

> I would strongly prefer a Linux/*BSD-friendly dealer if they can
> offer competitive prices. I do not want a pre-installed box, as I
> brought my old HD with Debian on it with me.

I bought a pre-installed linux box from DCG, (www.dcginc.com), but they
were very flexible about configuration, and would most likely willing
to build a box without a HD, just with known compartible hardware.

The only downside is that it took them 3 weeks between order and having
the box on my desk, and I suspect that you don't want to wait that long.

I got a PIII, but I they might do Athlon, but I just read in slashdot
that AMD is already sold out of Athlons for q2, which is only 3 weeks old.
   http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/04/22/0946230&mode=thread

Welcome to California Colin,

   -- Mitch