Does anyone have any Linux 6.0 install horror stories, CPU or motherboard?

David Cole metalgrow at cds1.net
Wed Jan 26 23:59:40 PST 2000

I'm hoping to get some Personal opinions...
    Are there any CPU or motherboard brand's to AVOID when installing Linux
6.0?
    Does anyone have any Linux 6.0 install horror stories, CPU or
motherboard?
    Do you have any that you personally LOVED or hated?

Celeron, Pentium, OverDrive, Pentium Pro®, Pentium II, AMD K6-2, AMD K6, AMD
Athlon

Asus, Alton, PC Chips, Shuttle, Matsonic, Abit,  Intel,  ect.

    I am setting up a couple more inexpensive Linux WebServer boxes, and
    I'm looking for purchasing advice on Non-Alpha, Non-MAC CPUs or
motherboard's.

    I will be serving into a 100 based LAN with a tulip Nic card, that feeds
into a T1 line that serves a college.
    And are there any 100based Nic cards that beat NetGear310 for price and
performance?

Thanks David Cole
metalgrow at cds1.net