Linux Ready for Prime Time?

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Wed Jun 21 09:05:46 PDT 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Laney Coulter wrote:
[snip]
> After three days trying to get Open Linux up and another half day with Red
> Hat (still no X windows)
> I'd have to say, no way.  I also wonder if it ever will.
[snip]

Not addressing the original issue, I think it's worth mentioning that I've
spent this much time fighting with Windows in various incarnations on more
than one occasion.  And I consider myself to be fairly competent...

I'd say Linux is in the same league as Windows, but *none* of them are
ready for the masses unless they buy a system with the OS preinstalled.

Andru
| Andru Luvisi                 | http://libweb.sonoma.edu/		 |
| Programmer/Analyst           |   Library Resources Online              |
| Sonoma State University      | http://www.belleprovence.com/		 |
| luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu      |   Textile imports from Provence, France |