XFree86 by remote

Brad Cox brad at linuxbofh.com
Mon Apr 2 23:11:32 PDT 2001

vmware won't work in full screen mode across the network, but you can't
have everything.

Insecure, but quick method:
Log into OFFICEPRO; run xhost ODYSSEUS; telnet to ODYSSEUS; set the DISPLAY
environment value to OFFICEPRO:0 [1]; then run the vmware program.

Secure method:
Install ssh [2] on both machines, making sure that "X11Forwarding" is set to
"yes" in the config file [3]; log into OFFICEPRO; ssh to ODYSSEUS; and
run the vmware program.

[1] bash: export DISPLAY=OFFICEPRO:0
    tcsh: setenv DISPLAY OFFICEPRO:0

[2] RH: ftp://ftp.sonic.net/pub/users/kb1czq/Linux/openss*
	This isn't the latest version, try http://rufus.w3.org
    Debian: the package name is "ssh"

[3] /etc/ssh/sshd_config

-Brad