Suggestions for talks at nblug: (fwd)

ME dugan at passwall.com
Thu Aug 9 23:15:25 PDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
These suggestions come from Warren Raquel, and they sound like good ideas
for future presentations to me too!

(Sent to me from him, and he is fine with them being forwarded to the
list members.)

-ME
-----------
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 23:07:41 -0500
From: Warren Raquel <warquel at hotmail.com>
To: dugan at passwall.com
Subject: Re: Suggestions for talks at nblug:

I'm been heavy in Kickstart with RedHat to make custom systems and was
curious about other methods used by other distros and how they work
comparitively. If you need someone to talk about using Kickstart I can do
that.

Maybe making bootable CDs or and OS that runs from the CD and runs off the
CD filesystem (ramdisk for var and tmp, etc).

BIND 9 administration would be cool. Using the database features on it, etc.

Maybe Win/Lin integration of some type.

LDAP... Of course, these aren't Linux specific, just throwing ideas out.

One thing I never see... I always hear about systems being hacked, I'd
actually like to see one being hacked.