Fault in kernel 2.4.8 (was: Re: Broken NFS server (or client?))

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Aug 14 15:56:22 PDT 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> Here's a heads-up about kernel 2.4.8:
> I just got the sources and tried to compile a new kernel, and it gave me a
> compile error when I tried to compile an SBLive! soundcard module.  That
> part (and possibly others) may be broken.
>
> Since I didn't see any improvements other than the addition of PNPBIOS
> support (EXPERIMENTAL), and GemTek PCI Radio card support, I'll probably
> stick with 2.4.7, at least until 2.4.9 comes out.

I tested on a 2.4.8 and did have problems with nfs for large transfers,
but the kernel reported issues with the ethernet card not being in full
duplex or a bug in the vortex card driver in the kernel. I was going to
shift to an Intel card and try it some more. Will probably do this
tomorrow at work.

-ME