Linux in RCHS: "Run to the laboratory and fetch me a brain!"

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 15 22:36:16 PST 2001

I have removed the burnt-out motherboard from the tall tower and put the
motherboard from Mike in its place.  At the moment, it has the motherboard,
3 hard drives of approx. 2GB apiece, a 24X CD-ROM drive, a 3.5" floppy
drive, a 5.25" floppy drive, and a tape drive.

I have not yet tried to turn it on because the three hard drives may be too
much for the 230-watt power supply; there aren't enough outlets for all of
them (and I don't have any splitters on hand).  I have it running right now
with two power supplies.

At the moment, I am just testing the working parts for any defects.  So far,
the only parts that are giving me problems are the second two hard drives
(both from the discarded boxes).  All I need now is to find an AT power
supply of at least 300 watts...