Sound card pain and suffering...

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Feb 20 11:25:25 PST 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Loraditch, Greg wrote:
> Here's the breakdown:
> -No Pnp.
> -No kernel updates....same one that came with 6.0
> -I tried many of the 'mod' type commands.....seems to be ok.
>
> I also tried replacing the es1371.o for this same distribution and kernel;
> but alas the same error came up.
>
> I think this now may be a hardware issue.  Going to pop the case off and see
> if the card came unseated somehow.

See if the resources for the card are registered (cat /proc/interrupts and
/proc/io*) They should not be if the modules is not working...

What output exactly does
#modprobe es1371 give?

If it errors, what does
# insmod -f es1371
offer?

Checking the hardware and connections seems wise, and shows you are
heading in a good direction.

also a copy of dmesg might be good to see ifg anything stands out...

Are you running any audio streaming software? (I Seem to recall soemthing
like vox---- or the like that could stop some access to /dev/audio... not
likely if your module is not even loading.)

-ME