Off-topic: Amusing MS/Open Source URL story pointed out to me by an associate...

ME dugan at passwall.com
Sat Feb 17 01:57:34 PST 2001

http://news.cnet.com/investor/news/newsitem-printer/0-9900-1021-4825719.html

(Jim Alchin of MS):
''Open source is an intellectual-property destroyer,'' Allchin said. ''I
can't imagine something that could be worse than this for the software
business and the intellectual-property business.''

(Now you have an idea what the article is about...)

The last line is prob. an example of truth from MS:
''We can build a better product than Linux,'' he said.

This infers that they do not *have* a product better than Linux. Words to
think about, and still question yourself, "why would MS tell the truth?"

Hmmm.

Anyway, enjoy, and back to Linux.
-ME