what to do when you've been rooted

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 22 13:43:26 PST 2001

begin Bob Blick quotation:

> If wu-ftpd has been fixed I don't see why I shouldn't use it,
> unless there's something else I should know about it.

Yes, there is.

wu-ftpd has a very crufty codebase and is overfeatured.  If you don't
know the security implications of that, doing some reading on Internet
and Unix security will do the trick.

Or just observe all the additional root-exploit alerts as they come in,
and get the point though inductive reasoning.  ;->

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell
rick at linuxmafia.com