finding cheap hardware for Linux?

Mitch mutsey at redsword.com
Sat Jan 6 11:48:59 PST 2001

E Frank Ball wrote:

> } I'm considering RH Linux for an AMD Athalon 1 Gig and 128 sdram.
> }
> } Any know problems with this combo?
>
> You call this cheap?  (RH6.2 runs great on my Athalon 700 with 256MB of
> RAM).

    Sure! I picked up an ASUS A7V, an 800 mhz Duron, and 128 MB of sdram at
the last computer show, along with a new case, and all for less than $350.
--
-Mitch Utsey

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of
servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go
home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains
set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our
countrymen. -- Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia
State House, August 1, 1776.

TWO-TON HYDRAULIC ENGINE HOIST: A handy tool for testing the
tensile strength of ground straps and hydraulic clutch lines
you may have forgotten to disconnect...