finding cheap hardware for Linux?

Jeff Miller jmiller at batnet.com
Fri Jan 5 10:10:00 PST 2001

Hi, all --

Any suggestions for good places to find inexpensive (used?) hardware for
Linux?

I'm planning to set up a Web server for testing/playing around, so it
doesn't need
to be the latest anything.  It's been a while since I've bought anything
now, so I'm
not sure where's the best place to look.  (quality? reliability?
reputation?)

Relatively low power consumption could be nice, since it's going to be an
always-on
system, but I haven't seen anyone advertising that. Maybe this will
change...

I'm in SF, but Sonoma County is in easy reach.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff Miller