Deja Vu all over again

John F. Kohler jkohler2 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 27 11:53:42 PST 2001

E Frank Ball wrote:

> }
> } Although I could ping addresses outside my network, neither
> } Netscape nor Lynx could display a page.  So I am still
> } confused.
>
> Me too.  but it sounds like the network card is working.
> How about other commands?  telnet, ftp, etc.?
> Are you using some sort of firewall that requires a proxy setup for web
> browsing?

I only know how to telnet, ftp and the rest from inside Netscape.. Is
there another way?

Yes, the firewall is internal to the LinkSys Router.  When I use the test
at (http://www.grc.com) I get "stealth" as the answer from all my ports.
Apparently
that means my home network is protected from some kinds of intrusion.

> } I  tried /proc/interrupts: and got permission denied.
>
> It isn't a command its a file with a list of the IRQs in use inside it.

This time I tried the command preceeded by "cat" and  recorded the results
on
another posting:

cat /proc/interrupts

John