Stampede

ME dugan at passwall.com
Thu Mar 22 23:43:58 PST 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Rick Moen wrote:
> begin ME quotation:
> > Really a matter of how you choose to read it.
> Oh, is it _indeed_, now?

Yep. Even if they do not feel it is perfect for the new user, they still
state at the top of their info that their target for for project includes
making it easy for new users.

There is no need for you to becme anxious, upset, angry, antagonistic or
neggative in your responses. I am not the one that is advertising the
target of *my* product to include "new users" and making it "easy" for
them. If you have diisagreement with their target and goal, you should
probably ask them to change their ad from:

"We wanted a distribution that was fast and easy to use for the new user,
yet versatile for the power user..."

To:
"We wanted a distribution that was >not< fast and easy to use for the new
user, >but instead< versatile for the power user..."

You do not need to argue with me about something I cannot change on their
web site.

You also do not need to argue with me on the propoosed direction and
"target" audience for a project I am not developing.

Isn't it rather silly for you to argue about something they actually state
on their site? It is not like I invented their workds and inserted them
into their website.

If you feel so strongly about this, then you should tell them they really
are not trying to make a "distribution that is fast and easy to use for
the new user." I am sure their developers are anxious to hear you tell
them what their *real* target and goals are. ]:>

I, however, am not so ambitious to tell developers the focuus of their
project is something different than what they say it is.

goals. It will also not change the words they have posted on their site.

I really do not see why you are trying to convince me they are not
focused on doing what they say they are focused on doing. I am not
them.

-ME