Has anyone run into this problem with Samba?

Eric Eisenhart eric at eisenhart.com
Sat May 26 16:10:27 PDT 2001

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 03:34:41PM -0700, ME wrote:
[Various useful samba debugging suggestions snipped]
> I did not see your log file attached. There may be a size limit on the
> list. I can take a look at it and see if anything stands out to me. You
> can send me a copy directly if you want - can't guarantee much.

There is a 30,000 byte maximum message size limit on this list; but posts
are simply rejected; not trimmed down.

The following mime types will actually be stripped from messages (and a
message that only contains these MIME types will be rejected):

text/enriched
text/html
text/rtf
text/x-sgml
text/x-vcard
application/[various things that make this post too long]
application/applefile
application/excel
application/mac-binhex40
application/msword
application/news-message-id
application/news-transmission
application/octet-stream
application/pdf
application/postscript
application/rtf
application/x-httpd-cgi
application/x-tex
audio/[well, all the audio they could think of, pretty much]
image/[basic image formats and arcane ones]
video/[typical video stuff]
x-conference/x-cooltalk
x-world/x-vrml

--
    Eric Eisenhart   Freedom is slavery.      http://eric.eisenhart.com/
 ^  ICQ#: 48217244   Ignorance is strength.   eric-dot-sig at eisenhart.com
/e\ Perl&SQL Coder   War is peace.            IRC Nicks: Falsch Freiheit
---                        -- George Orwell