Sophos Antivirus

Brad Cox brad at linuxbofh.com
Mon Nov 12 21:00:25 PST 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 03:29:05PM -0800, Sebastian Mindling wrote:
> Anyone have experience with Sophos Antivirus?
> Specifically in a networked, multi-OS environment?
> Used it with qmail for smtp scans?
> Any praise/horror stories/suggestions to offer?

I don't have any experience with Sophos, but I have set up a qmail
system to do checking on inbound smtp.  I did this using the
QMAILQUEUE patch, qmail-scanner-queue.pl (both available via
qmail.org), and the H+BEDV virus checker (http://www.hbedv.com/).  It
was all rather straight forward once I found a virus checker that
actually worked without obtaining a license or filling out too many
forms (yes, 1 is too many).

Brad Cox		brad at linuxbofh.com
Key fingerprint = E741 589E 4A43 DA89 C5AA  B9A3 7E44 18BB C16B F62D
It's always darkest just before the lights go out.
		-- Alex Clark