mirror FTP down?

Troy Engel tengel at sonic.net
Fri Oct 19 12:02:55 PDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 11:58:59AM -0700, Dustin Mollo wrote:

> Oct 19 11:29:52 enigma in.ftpd[1530]: warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 8: can't verify hostname: gethostbyname(spam.fluid.com) failed

OK, then it ties in with another problem that I might as well bring up here, in case we have any Bind9 gurus. ;)  On our DNS, both the forward and reverse files have the same expire/retry/etc values.  However, the secondary/slave DNS's are only picking up the new forward file changes normally, and not slaving down the reverse lookups for the zone.

Now, obviously I could what the reverse file on the secondarys and force a transfer, but I'd like to know why the reverse zone doesn't slave like the forward?

thx,
-te

--
Troy Engel