Ximian (Re: More mirror stuff...)

Troy Engel tengel at sonic.net
Sat Oct 27 05:57:32 PDT 2001

Eric Eisenhart <eric at eisenhart.com> wrote:

> For those of you that use the Ximian GNOME distribution and use Red Carpet,
> I discovered something quite nice...

A completely aside topic, I have found so far that with 7.2, I don't feel wanting of Ximian at all.  Way back when, my purpose for using Ximian was to get a stable gnome desktop -- I still used newer/custom RPMS for the important stuff (gkrellm, gaim, etc) overtop it.  With 7.2, they ship a nice stable platform, and the FreshRPMS site (http://www.freshrpms.net) provides 90% of the rest of my desires.  Bye bye for now, Ximian.

(I repartitioned my drive/reformatted during the upgrade, so no Ximian cruft was left...)

-te

--
Troy Engel :: KeyID DF3D5207
I killed a process today, just to watch it die.