Wireless Networks..

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Oct 30 14:23:32 PST 2001

There are limitations to it, and weaknesses have been found in
implementations of it, but it does raise the bar: WEP, 40/64 bit key
size or 108/128 bit key size and use strong keys. Require it of all users
that might use your Wireless Access Point. Does not stop DoS, and sucking
your wireless bandwidth, etc. but helps make access to wireless networks
more dificult.

You may also look to setting up a separate ethernet interface just for
wireless and also enable firewall rules for that interface much like rules
for the internet. Allow passage through to the default GW, and machines
(!) not on your priate networks / your less secure ports. (I did this).

-ME