More Debian and Redhat

Warren Raquel warquel at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:24:49 PST 2002

One thing I'd like to see is not so much a verses format but more of a
side-by-side comparison of FAI (fully automated install) for Debian and
Kickstart for RedHat. I think that it would be cool to have nblug specific
kickstart and fai disks for use at install-fests for those who want to go
that route. I've only read about FAI so far and haven't implemented it yet
but I know the last time I used kickstart I made 10 floppies, popped them
into 10 computers I wanted a new installation on, turned them on (all at the
same time) and 20 minutes later shut them off ready for the techs to setup
independant configurations (passwords, network settings, etc) and went home.
:D