Knoppix..

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Wed Aug 7 11:24:27 PDT 2002

I've downloaded Knoppix and burned it to a CD.. :)

I've tested it so far on a Gateway GP6-333c w/ 64 megs..

It booted up great, found the vid card, NIC, etc..  Got right onto the net..

Loaded up apps and all, and my only comments are 1) It's got a very nice
selection of apps, 2) You need loads of RAM, 256-512 megs, to make this
puppy hum.  I gave it to the customer service manager here at my work (he
enjoys playing around with cool computer stuff) and said "have fun" and left
it at that.  He's never experienced running Linux before.  He very much
enjoyed the interface and likes the applications.  It apparently worked well
for him in detecting hardware, although he apparently needs to configure his
printer and PPP connection.  He does like it enough to learn how to do it,
though.  This is a good sign for Linux! :)

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116