Attn: New Zaurus owners

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Sat Aug 17 17:34:34 PDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 08:18:32AM -0700, Andru Luvisi wrote:
> Does it use X11?  I found a reference in your FAQ to something called
> Qtopia, but I haven't found a description of what Qtopia is.  Is it an X11
> library?  An Open Source windowing system?  A proprietary windowing
> system?

Like Ron said, no, it does not use X11.  Qtopia is TrollTech's embedded
platform thingy (go check it out on their website.)  It's designed for
devices just like the Zaurus and other PDA devices.  It has it's own display
driver built-in (not sure on terms there, but that get's the point across,
I'm sure.)  You can program for the device using their toolkit for free, if
your product is going to be OS, or you can buy a commercial kit if you plan
to sell your product.

You can also program in Java if you like (though I'm not sure why anyone
would, but hey - it's another option, so I suppose that's a good thing.)

-Dustin