TCPA and the War effort

error error at sonic.net
Mon Dec 16 10:16:14 PST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 10:12, Christopher Wagner wrote:
> The very thought of the government having the ability to shutdown my
> computer (or do anything else with my computer) without my consent or
> knowledge at there whim disturbs me greatly.  If I was forced into a
> situation like that, I would no longer use the computer.  I'd find something
> else to do with my life.  I trust the government with that power about as
> much as I trust M$ to make a secure, stable and powerful OS.

Although I share the same sentiment about trusting the US, I would not let a law stand in my way from computing.
You have a moral obligation to disobey unjust laws.
Run "illegal" hardware.

Better still help fight this before it becomes something where such drastic measures need to be taken.

--
error <error at sonic.net>