ElcomSoft.... NOT Guilty

error error at sonic.net
Tue Dec 17 13:45:53 PST 2002

> ElcomSoft Not Guilty in DMCA Case

I am happy this happened but I am a little sad that the jury didn't try
to argue the unjust manner of the law.

Being guilty or not guilty seems irrelevent if the law is
unconstitutional and should be struck down. It seems that if they are
not guilty it gives validity (To the law and ...) for other people
convicted who "are guilty."

But I still applaud the jury on that one.

We still need something to seriously challenge the law and win.
The DMCA needs to be repealed NOW.

Stop supporting those that support the DMCA.
(not that a linux list is really high on the supporting DMCA list)...

--

error <error at sonic.net>