[Fwd: [IPS] PUTTY SSH-Client Exploit]

ME dugan at passwall.com
Sun Dec 29 17:15:24 PST 2002

Since this is really a *windows* application, and not a Linux one, I
debated passing on this notice to Linux lists. :-/

Obviously, you can see my decision. ;-)

(The original bugtraq post, minus the attachment is found at the bottom
of this message. while a URL to the post with attachment can be found:
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/304609/2002-12-27/2003-01-02/0
)

Putty site:

AFAIK, there is no explicit statement of this bug being fixed in the
latest version of putty (v0.53b):
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/changes.html

This security announcement made Dec, 28th. Original announcement made Dec
16th, latest copy of Putty (0.53b) released December 12th. :-/