DSL and Linux questions...

Christopher White cwhite at softquad.com
Fri Feb 1 14:21:22 PST 2002

> > As far as heterogonous networks (Linux, Windoze, Mac), I
> have all these OSes
> > at home and in the office, and they all work fine with a Linux
> > firewall/router.  The only complaint I have is that I can't
> do Micro$oft VPN
> > through the Linux firewall (I'm using ipchains).  Anyone
> know how to do
> > this?
>
> Are you using NAT?  I ran across this while looking into a
> related project:
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/VPN-Masquerade-HOWTO.html
>
> -troy

I'm using IP masquerading via ipchains with a 2.2.16-22 kernel (Red Hat
7.0).  I know about the mods to the kernel, and they worked back when I was
using a 2.0 kernel.  When I upgraded to 2.2, I could never get the patch to
work.  I heard something about GRE and ESP being built-in to the 2.4 kernel,
but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

--Chris