NTPd

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Mon Feb 11 16:16:03 PST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 05:05:48AM -0800, Christopher Wagner wrote:
} I, for the life of me, can't get ntpd or ntpdate to sync with a remote
} server..  I ran NTPd with a super high debugging level and can't make sense
} of the output.  Any ideas?
}
} $ ntpd -A -L -dddddddd -c /etc/ntp.conf -q

I've never used the debugging level, so I can't make much sense of it either.
One obvious question:  your are opening up your firewall to allow ntp?

Perhaps you could send your ntp.conf file, and after starting it wait 15
minutes then send the output of "ntpq -p".

What happens if you tdo "ntpq -p hostname", where hostname is the name
of a ntp host you are trying to sync to?  How about "ntptrace hostname"?

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com