registrars?

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Thu Jan 17 13:34:30 PST 2002

hi Troy,

i recommend Gandi.  they are the only registrar that has open sourced the
backend software they use.   the whole thing is fully automated, so you
can put a change in 10 minutes before the transfer to the root servers and
you'll make that very update.   they don't try to sell you extra services,
don't do web hosting, etc.   they are the closest feel to the old internic/
sri registry (before network solutions).  they are in France and the charge
is 12 euro's (will show up as approx $10 on your credit card).  and their
policy on any possible disputes gives the least to the person interfering
with your domain (network solutions is the absolute worst in this respect).

http://www.gandi.net/

-ron