One word: WOW!

ME dugan at passwall.com
Mon Jul 8 11:54:47 PDT 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Christopher Wagner wrote:
> I'd like to see Red Hat or another big Linux computer try to register a
> booth at an M$ related conference.  I'd like to see what happens, I think
> M$, after this, would really have to let them in.  It'd be bad publicity if
> they didn't.  This would actually be quite an opportunity for M$ to show
> their true colors.  If they refuse a booth to them, then their intentions
> are obvious and can be publicised widely (and most certainly would be).

I think "COMDEX" may be considered a "MS Event" of sorts.

GNU has been there in the past, as have Linux distro groups.

Of course, they are pushed into a building far away from the
"big" conference. I think the major vendor's tent/hall probably cost
more/ft^2 and this is what forced the Linux people into the cheaper space.

-ME