Lilo, help please!

cal herrmann cal at herrmanns.org
Sun Jul 14 16:16:22 PDT 2002

I have tried to install Mandrake 8.1 in my wife's computer, older, win98.
Lilo seems to flash past in an instant if I look close, booting Linux without
a choice for windows. (Maybe it has made a wise choice, but my wife needs
some things in windows! And do I also).
Machine has two drives, all win on the first, second set to all linux.  Since
it is older, it uses the "EZDrive program" to extend HD addressing (reassigns
to 255 heads). 	I see:
less /etc/lilo.conf
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
default=linux
keytable=/boot/us.klt
lbu 32
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wbibw:wb:bw
image=/boot/vmlinux
	label=linux
	root=/dev/hdd1
	append=" hdc=ide-scsi devfs=mount"
	readonly
image=/boot/vmlinux
	label=failsafe
	root=/dev/hdd1
append="hdc=ide-scsi devfs=mount failsafe"
	readonly
I see a very good explanation of Lilo in the Linux Bible book, far beyond my
understanding yet, I need advice, what to do next.  Fearful!  Can I get the
direction back to include the windows boot? Should I uninstall and start over?
(Xwindows doesn't work, I haven't found the right driver, but linux seems to
work fine as command-line).
Thanks, Cal