where to RTFM about disk errors

Bob Blick bblick at sonic.net
Fri Jul 19 09:28:55 PDT 2002

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with a partition on my hard drive, and I need to know
where to read up on possible recovery solutions beyond the e2fsck manpage.

e2fsck reports that not only is my superblock bad, so is my alternate
superblock. There is 40 gigs of data in that partition that I would really
like to recover.

The drive itself is healthy so it appears to be one of those unexplained
things that happens when X hangs the whole computer and shutting the power
off is required.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions about restoring from backup, of
course there are none :(

Cheerful regards,

Bob