RPM apt

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Mon Jul 22 14:30:55 PDT 2002

Well, let's put it this way.  When I run apt-get upgrade I get the
dependency error for a missing sendmail package.  When I run the following
it only looks for the binary.... which is...
 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail  Funny it does not require
impad, which I also run on the machine.

Not a big deal as far as tweaking the database, I just wanted to see how
apt-rpm works in the whole scheme of things.

squirrelmail package is from sourceforge.

 rpm -q --requires squirrelmail
apache >= 1.3.19
php >= 4.0.4
perl