NIS and stuff

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Thu Jul 25 23:24:18 PDT 2002

Regarding my NIS/NFS problems with Debian playing nice with Red Hat boxes.
Thanks to Andrew for pointing me to the nice little piece on my debian
box.

Now I have /home shared with all boxen with NFS and NIS sharing
passwd etc. so I can log into any machine and have my home dir.  Just one
little bugga boo.  I must set permissions on my directories on the shared
/home to 755 to login to my home dir on the debian box.  If perms are
set more strict like 700 or 750 on any directories or inside of my home I
do not have access to those dirs.  The Red Hat boxes work fine with strict
perms.

I am exporting /home rw,no_root_squash and mounting the nfs shares with
hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192

Almost there....for this part of the exercise.