Photoshop?

mrp mrp at sonic.net
Mon Jun 10 22:24:51 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:01:07PM -0700, root wrote:
> Hello,
>
>            with MacOSX being based on BSD and the recent port of

Well... MacOSX isn't based on BSD exactly.  It uses a mach kernel, and
is based on NeXTStep. It uses some BSD style conventions for utilities
like ps(1), ls(1) and cc(1), but I wouldn't characterize it as BSD.
The mach kernel has relatively little in common with the BSD kernel.

And those Mac apps that are ported to OS X will most likely use the
Carbon interface, which hasn't been ported to any (other) *nix platform
that I'm aware of, and almost certainly won't be.

  -- Mitch