Hardening linux [howto?]

error error at sonic.net
Thu Jun 13 13:21:42 PDT 2002

Hello,

I am looking to do process, disk and memory quotas on a per user basis.
I have searched around and I can find nothing on process and memory
quotas.

Do any of you have any idea how one could go about setting up process
and/or memory quotas?

Also, how would one go about locking down the wtmp file? I would like it
so the user can only see them self logged in (ie all other processes are
hidden to them, even root)

I know this can be done in freebsd, but I have yet to see it done in
linux.

The flavor I am using for this box is redhat 7.2

Thanks.

-
Jake