New Mouse

Peter D. Lutz plutz at napanet.net
Wed Mar 27 20:53:27 PST 2002

Greetings.
I have just replaced an ancient two button mouse with a fancy new
Microsoft Trackball Optical.  Is there an easy way to make use of the
extra features, roller wheel and 5 buttons, on my Debian 2.2.14 kernel?
As it sits, it acts like the dumb mouse it replaced, two buttons and
an emulated third if the first two are pressed together.
I have tried mseconfig, but none of the settings I could find did any
more than just make the ball crazy and prevent the buttons from
working.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
--